CHILD’S PLAY QUILTS by Stacey Day
Improve your quilt designs by learning how to organize fabric by size and colour, while making adorably sophisticated quilts (both pieced and appliquéd) for babies and children. Each of the 20 bright, happy quilts is shown in both warm and cool colourways to spark the imagination and use up your stash. Stacey Day’s friendly voice and great advice make it easy to choose beautiful palettes and add design flair, while also guiding you through the best methods for organizing fabric by colour and size, from tiny scraps to bulky yardage.
• Make gorgeous quilts that spark the interest of newborns and toddlers.
• Learn how to organize your fabric so you know what you have and use what you love.
• Put your smallest scraps to use by sewing slabs and incorporate them into all kinds of quilt designs.
128 pp plus one pattern pullout, colour
PLAYING WITH PATCHWORK AND SEWING by Nicole Calver
Are you a sewist who wants to break into quilting? Or a quilter who would like to turn your blocks into something a little more dimensional? Take a walk on the wild side with eighteen projects that combine the best of both worlds! Create useful gifts and home decor, including bright modern quilts, a pencil case, notebook cover, market bag and more. Explore new skills with each project! Nicole shares simple instructions for basic patchwork, foundation piecing, English paper piecing and an easy way to machine appliqué. Each block comes in three sizes, so you can practice new techniques with larger fabric cuts before moving on to smaller pieces.
• Stitch six blocks in mega, medium and micro projects! Perfect for beginning quilters and more advanced sewists.
• Learn a new technique with a large-scale project, then try out the same block with smaller pieces.
• Sew modern quilts, striking pillows, table toppers, pincushions and more useful handmade gifts.
128 pp colour
WALK JOG RUN by Dara Tomasson
Train your hands to free-motion quilt like a pro! Building your muscle memory, you will learn quilting workouts intended to help you master a number of creative stitch designs with clear step-by-step instructions. Practice quilting with ten unique skill-building projects, plus seven bonus ideas, from modern quilts to gifts and home decor. Whether you are a total beginner or coming in with a few “races” under your belt, you can confidently walk, jog or run the path to quilting success! This beginner-friendly guide includes plenty of inspiration and coaching to help you move beyond the basics of freemotion quilting.
• Get warmed up with four chapters to teach you the basics of free-motion quilting.
• Exercise your free-motion skills with ten practice workouts to get you moving.
• Sprint to the finish line with 17 exciting projects to showcase your talents.
SEW VERY EASY QUILT FAVORITES by Laura Coia
Laura’s instructional videos inspired thousands to start sewing. Now for the first time, “sew-lebrity” Laura Coia, shares written patterns for the most loved video tutorials on her Sew Very Easy YouTube channel! Learn the basics of quilt making, from cutting and pressing to borders and finishing. Practice your skills with a dozen beautiful projects—quilts you will come back to time and time again—all suitable for beginners and beyond. You can even use pre-cuts for a quick and easy finish!
• Learn to quilt with Laura Coia, the YouTube star behind Sew Very Easy videos.
• Follow along with a dozen of Laura’s most popular projects, finally in printed patterns.
• Up your quilting game with construction basics, plus expert tips and tricks.