We encourage event organizers to take advantage of the opportunity to promote your shows in the Calendar of Events (a reminder that the calendar is available only to not-for-profit groups and events). On the website’s home page there’s also a section highlighting three recently posted events. When your event gets featured, it gets more attention. To help you make the most of your event listing, follow these quick and easy tips:
- Each listing includes a photo, date and time, and event details. The first step is to gather all these elements and details before you start the submission process.
- Choose an image that speaks to the event you’re posting: smiling faces, a quilt close-up, something that helps define your event. Images taken with a cell phone or camera work beautifully.
- Event images are displayed in a horizontal format, similar in size to the image at the top of this post, so bear that in mind when selecting your photo.
- Have your photo ready. As you prepare to submit your event to the website choose your best photo and have it ready before you start entering your event details.
- The system will automatically crop your image to the correct size so when selecting a photo ensure that the focal point is in the centre of the shot.
- If you do not upload an image, a random photo of a quilt will be automatically added to your listing. Since this is a great opportunity to promote your event, we strongly suggest that you upload an event image to help your listing stand out.
- Be sure to include the hours of your event to help visitors plan their trip.
- Tell us about your event. Is it a workshop, show or quilt bee? Have you invited a guest maker? Will lunch be served? Is the venue accessible? Make us want to come!
We can’t wait to hear about all the special events that you groups host throughout the year! To upload your event, go to the Calendar of Events page, click on the red Post Your Event button and complete the form.