You’ve heard of the Masked Singer and the Masked Dancer if you’ve been staying at home watching TV during COVID; and who did not watch the US Presidential Inauguration in January! All eyes have been glued to the television throughout this pandemic. The CQA/ACC is proud to present an activity that feeds off these two events; we call it The Masked Presidents.
Past and present CQA/ACC Presidents have submitted a head shot picture of themselves, masked (covid style). Your goal is to identify as many of these masked presidents that you can. Some Presidents have given clues to help you identify them. The winner of the contest will receive a one-year extension to their membership.
Please note that not all Presidents are participating and those who have served more than one term (bless their hearts) are only shown once. If no one has been successful in identifying all these Presidents by the end of our virtual Quilt Canada 2021, “Celebrating Quilting in Canada”, we will select the one entry with the greatest number of correct answers. If there is more than one entry with the greatest number of correct answers, the prize will be awarded based on a random draw of all entries with the greatest number of correct answers.
Here are the Masked Presidents Contest Guidelines:
- This challenge is open to all CQA/ACC Individual, Professional and Shop members in good standing.
- There is a limit of one entry per person; second or subsequent entries will be deleted.
- CQA/ACC Board Members, staff and contractors are excluded from participating in this challenge.
- Each picture of a President is numbered. Some have provided clues to their identity which are listed above the actual entry form.
- Complete and submit the Entry Form with your guesses. The names of the participating Presidents are included on the Entry form.
- Entries must be submitted by 17:00 (5 pm) Eastern Daylight Time on June 19, 2021.
- The winner will be selected from all eligible entries. The person with the most correct answers will win. If there are multiple entries that have the same total number of correct answers, then a random draw from these entries will be made to select the winner.
- The winner will be emailed by Irene Lafleche by Monday, June 21, 2021.
- The winner will be announced at the June 23, 2021 Annual General Meeting, in the July CQA/ACC Member Newsletter and posted in the Member Studio of the canadianquilter.com website. The winner may also be posted on the CQA/ACC social media platforms.
- The winner will receive a one-year extension of their membership.
Any questions can be directed to Irene Lafleche, at firstname.lastname@example.org.