Following a few basic steps will make your learn-to-sew experience easier and much more fun.
- Put on safety glasses.
- Ensure there is thread in the bobbin case and that the needle is threaded.
- Turn machine on.
- Put fabric under presser foot.
- Put presser foot down.
- Bring needle down into fabric using the hand wheel at the side.
- Begin sewing, keeping fingers off to the side away from the needle.
When you are finished sewing:
- Lift presser foot up.
- Pull fabric slightly away from machine and cut threads.
- Turn machine off.