Mug rugs are quick and easy projects and make thoughtful gifts for family and friends, too!
To make top of mug rug:
- Cut strips of fabric.
- Sew two strips right sides together.
- Finger press open.
- Continue sewing strips together until you make the size you like.
- Trim to a square or rectangle size.
To assemble mug rug:
- From the flannel, cut the same size as the mug rug top. This will act as your batting.
- From another piece of fabric, cut the same size as your top. This will be the back of the mug rug.
- Layer as listed below, starting from the bottom:
a. Lay the back of the mug rug on the table with right side facing up.
b. Lay the top of your mug rug with right side facing down.
c. Place your flannel on top.
- Sew around the edges leaving a hole to turn the mug rug right side out.
- Once sewn, flip mug rug right side out and stitch opening closed.
- Congratulations! You just made a mug rug.