CQA/ACC is happy once again to collaborate with TrendTex on this annual quilt challenge. We appreciate the generous donation of this fabric collection and know that our quilters will be inspired by it and the challenge “#Trending” to create beautiful pieces. Last year we had a record-breaking 87 entries. Let’s aim to top this record.
Vice President, CQA/ACC
Kits will be available starting October 1, 2018 Rules:
- Fabric Use: All 5 of the fabrics in the kit must be clearly visible on the front of the wallquilt. You may use 3 additional fabrics of your own choosing. Each kit consists of 5 TrendTex fabrics, cut into fat quarters.
- The TrendTex Award is presented for the best use of fabric, using only the five fabrics in the 2019 Challenge Kit. To be eligible, only the 5 kit fabrics may be used on the front of the wallquilt (includes binding). Additional fabrics may be included on the back.
- Design may be original or traditional and any combination of machine and/or hand piecing, appliqué or quilting is acceptable. Embellishments are at the quilter’s discretion. Judges will follow the current CQA/ACC Quilting Standards and Guidelines for Competitive Quiltmaking.
- Size: Perimeter of the finished piece must not be larger than 120”, regardless of shape. There is no minimum size restriction.
- Finishing: The wallquilt must be completely finished, including all aspects of quilting, binding, and needlework/embroidery.
- Hanging Sleeve: at least 2” wide, on the back of the wallquilt.
- Label on the back of the wallquilt to include: title, artist’s name, date completed and credits. For any techniques that are not your own, please give credit to the sources and obtain written permission if using another person’s design. Please remember to respect copyright.
- Request letters to purchase kits are to be postmarked no earlier than Oct. 1, 2018 for Members only. Non Members may purchase a kit after November 1, 2018. Kits are limited to 1 per person until January 1, 2019. Then additional kits may be purchased, if available.
- Deadlines: Wallquilts are due April 8, 2019 to be eligible for judging and must meet all challenge rules.
- All wallquilts become the property of the CQA/ACC and will be displayed at Quilt Canada 2019, June 12 – 15, 2019, in Ottawa, ON. The majority of wallquilts will be sold by silent auction ending June 15, 2019.
- Prizes are awarded to CQA/ACC members only for:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd for wallquilt.
- TrendTex Award
- Judges’ Choice Awards may also be given.
- A Viewers’ Choice Award will be announced at 2 pm on June 15, 2019.
- The TrendTex Award winning wallquilt will be given, as a gesture of thanks, to TrendTex Fabrics Inc. and will not be auctioned.
Entries will be photographed and may be used in The Canadian Quilter, on the CQA/ACC website or for other promotional purposes. Thank you for participating in the CQA/ACC TrendTex Challenge! We welcome all wallquilts and look forward to seeing and displaying your challenges in Ottawa.
Online TrendTex Challenge 2019 Kit Request/Order Form – will be available October 1, 2018
Printable TrendTex Challenge 2019 Kit Request Form – click here