A very important function of our association is to be responsive to our members and to communicate with them as well as possible. That being said, Canada is a HUGE country and there are quilters in every corner! We communicate through our website, social media, annual Quilt Canada conference and very importantly, through our Regional Representatives. These volunteers give up their time to reach out to quilters, guilds and shops in their areas to keep them abreast of our news and to encourage involvement locally and nationally.
The representatives are listed in our quarterly magazine and recently there have been some new divisions/areas established, giving more coverage in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario. We thought you’d like to know what these areas are and who the regional representatives are.
- Coastal – served by Karen Killins-Robinson (email@example.com) – includes Alberni-Clayoquot, Capital, Central Coast, Comox Valley, Cowichan Valley, Mount Waddington, Nanaimo and Strathcona
- Lower Mainland – served by Janet Harper (firstname.lastname@example.org) – includes Fraser Valley, Metro Vancouver, Powell River, Squamish-Lillooet and Sunshine Coast
- Interior – currently vacant and looking for a rep! – includes Central Kootenay, Central Okanagan, Columbia-Shuswap, East Kootenay, Kootenay Boundary, North Okanagan, Okanagan-Similkameen and Thompson-Nicola
- North – served by Kathi Ewen (email@example.com) – includes Bulkley-Nechako, Cariboo, Fraser-Fort George, Kitimat-Stikine, Northern Rockies, Peace River, North Coast, Stikine Region
- Alberta North – currently vacant and looking for a rep! – includes Yellow Head, Brazeau, Wetaskiwin, Ponoka, Lacombe, Camrose, Flagstaff, Wainwright, Vermillion, Minburn, Two Hills, Strathcona Beaver, Leduc, Parkland, Lac St. Anne, Sturgeon, Lamont, St. Paul, Bonnyville, Smokey Lake, Thorhild, Athabasca, Barrhead, Westlock, Greenview, Grande Prairie, Spirit River, Saddle Hills, Birch Hills, Smokey River, Big Lakes, Lesser Slave Lakes, Lakeland, Wood Buffalo, Opportunity, East Peace, Clear Hills, Northern Lights, Mackenzie
- Alberta South – served by Joyce Thrush (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Cypress, Forty Mile, Warner, Cardston, Pincher Creek, Willow Creek, Lethbridge, Taber, Newell, Vulcan, Ranchlands, Kananaskis, Foothills, Bighorn, Rocky View, Wheatland, Clearwater, Red Deer, Stettler, Mountainview, Kneehill, Starland, Paintearth, Provost
- East – served by Monique Wilson (email@example.com) – Ottawa, Renfrew, Prescott & Russell, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry, Leeds & Grenville, Lanark, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington
- Central – served by Linda Lake (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Muskoka, Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough, Hasting, Prince Edward, Northumberland, Durham
- GTA/Niagara – served by Elaine Theriault (email@example.com– Simcoe, York, Peel, Halton, Hamilton, Niagara
- West – currently vacant and looking for a rep! – Essex, Chatham-Kent, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex, Huron, Perth, Wellington, Waterloo, Brant, Norfolk, Haldimand
- North – served by Lauren McDonald – Bruce, Grey, Manitoulin, Parry Sound, Nippising, North Bay, Sudbury, Timiskaming, Algoma, Cochrane, Thunder Bay, Rainy River, Kenora
And for the provinces and territories that haven’t had changes:
- Saskatchewan – currently vacant and looking for a rep!
- Manitoba – served by Isla Marsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quebec – Claire Haillot (email@example.com)
- New Brunswick – served by Bev Day (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newfoundland and Labrador – served by Judy Kelly (email@example.com)
- Prince Edward Island – served by Heather Jarmyn and Susan Paddock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nova Scotia – currently vacant and looking for a rep!
- Yukon – served by Vivian Bales (email@example.com)
- Northwest Territories – currently vacant and looking for a rep!
- Nunavut – currently vacant and looking for a rep!
We thank our regional reps for all that they do, putting a face to the name of our organization!
CQA/ACC Vice President