Trend-Tex Quilters Challenge 2017
The theme for the 2017 TrendTex Challenge is "Stitching A Canadian Memory" .
Trend-Tex Fabrics Inc. has again generously donated the wonderful fabrics for the theme, and the kits will be available on October 1st, 2016
New for 2017- Bags are now eligible as well as Wallquilts!
- Request letters to purchase kits are to be postmarked no earlier than Oct. 1, 2016 for members only.
Non Members may purchase a kit after October 15, 2016.
- Kits are limited to 1 per person until January 1, 2017. Then additional kits may be purchased, if they are available. Each kit consists of 5 Trend-Tex Inc. fabrics, cut into fat quarters.
- Fabric Use: All 5 of the fabrics in the kit must be clearly visible on the front of the wallquilt or bag. You may use 3 additional fabrics of your own choosing.
Please Note: To be eligible for the Trend-Tex Award, only the 5 kit fabrics may be used on the front of the wallquilt (includes binding) or bag. Additional fabrics may be included on the back.
- Size: Perimeter of the finished piece must not be larger than 120”, regardless of shape. There is no minimum size restriction.
- Design may be original or traditional and any combination of machine and/or hand piecing, appliqué or quilting is acceptable. Embellishments are at the quilter’s discretion.
- Finishing: The wallquilt or bag must be completely finished, including all aspects of quilting, binding, and needlework/embroidery.
- Hanging Sleeve: at least 2” wide, on the back of the wallquilt for hanging. Bags will be hung by their strap(s).
- Label on the back of the wallquilt or bag (or alternatively tucked into the bag) to include: title, artist’s name, date completed and credits. For any techniques that are not your own, please give credit to the sources and obtain written permission if using another person’s design. Please remember to respect copyright.
- Deadlines: Wallquilts or bags are due April 3, 2017 to be eligible for judging and must meet all challenge rules.
- All wallquilts and bags become the property of the CQA/ACC and will be displayed at Quilt Canada 2017, June 14-17, 2017 in Toronto, ON. The wallquilts and bags will be sold by silent auction ending noon on June 17, 2017.
- Prizes are awarded for:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd for wallquilt or bag.
- Trend-Tex Award- CQA/ACC members only
- Judges’ Choice Awards may also be given.
- A Viewers’ Choice Award will be announced on June 17, 2017.
- The Trend-Tex Award winning wallquilt or bag will be given, as a gesture of thanks, to Trend-Tex Fabrics Inc. and will not be auctioned.
Entries will be photographed and may be used in Canadian Quilter, on the CQA/ACC website or for other promotional purposes.
Thank you for participating in the CQA/ACC Trend-Tex Challenge! We welcome all wallquilts and bags and look forward to seeing and displaying your challenges in Toronto.